Thursday, February 28, 2013

Holy Spirit on FIRE!!!

The Holy Spirit continues to amaze me.  This past week a midshipmen came up to me and asked if we could talk.  I could tell he was feeling down, so we found a place to talk.  This midshipmen had been starting to get involved with bible studies and other catholic groups.  He always seemed pretty happy and content, so I was surprised when he started to open up about his pain from a past relationship.  I am pretty sure he just wanted to talk and get it off of his chest, but I was able to share my conversion story with him.  I was able to share about my past relationships and how I came to know Jesus Christ.  He came to the realization that he could be in a relationship and be happy or miserable, or he could be single and be happy or miserable.  I also told him how Christ wanted a personal relationship with each one of us, and that night he chose to make Christ the center of his life.  He knows that it must be an everyday decision, but that this choice is the beginning of his healing.  Thank you for all of your prayers! 


P.S.  Happy Birthday Gina!!! 

P.S.  We will miss you Pope Benedict XVI!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment