Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Love Retreats!!!

Focus helped the Catholic Midshipmen Club (CMC) put on a retreat for the midshipmen on the weekend of October 28th.  I know I am little behind.  Sorry!  Either way, we had about forty-five midshipmen come to the retreat.  We invited one of Eric's friends, Brother Paul from Colorado, to give most of the talks for the retreat.  This was one of the first times that some of the mids had ever met.  Like I said before, there are many strong catholics on the yard, but there is little community.  This was a great opportunity for the mids to bond and start Christ centered relationships, and I know it worked.  Mass attendance has almost doubled, and I can see new friendships blossoming.  In fact, one of the mids said that the retreat brought him back to the faith.  Praise the Lord!  I can really feel a change happening, and I can feel the Holy Spirit working on people's hearts.  I know something great is about to happen.  Please continue to pray for all of the midshipmen, and ask the Lord to open their hearts. 


P.S.  Building a fire is a great way to bond.  Who would have thought that?  Too bad it was the wrong fire pit. 

1 comment:

  1. haha the memories of the retreat! Great post. That was absolutely hilarious when we built that fire and then we were asked to move. At least, the new fire pit was overlooking the water. It was definitely an awesome week. I know a lot of midshipmen joined bible studies after that!

    ReplyDelete