Thursday, November 15, 2012

FOCUS Freakout

Every Tuesday the mids have their Catholic Midshipmen Club or CMC for short.  They usually invite a speaker to share about different topics on the faith, but once a month the FOCUS team plans the event.  In the past, one of the missionaries would give a talk or the team would invite a guest speaker, and this year is no different.  We call this meeting FOCUS Freakout, and I was put in charge of the event for the year.  We always get pizza for the students, and have a great time sharing our faith and meeting students.  It is always a big hit!  The first month, one of my teammates, Eric, gave a talk about living in the present.  He shared how it was important to live our lives in the present, and not by past mistakes or future worries.

This past month, I gave my testimony on how I came to know and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  I think it went really well, and the other missionaries said that it came up in their bible studies, and that the students could really relate.  It felt so good to be in front of an audience after an entire year of giving talks with TOBET.  I really missed giving talks and interacting with the crowd, but what I think I missed the most was telling my story to an audience.  I would usually get really nervous right before walking on stage, but as soon as I started to speak I would feel this great peace.  I think it is the Holy Spirit, and I am truly grateful for His help. 

In two weeks, the Dominicans from D.C. are coming to give a talk on how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and what that should mean.  I am super excited, and I know the midshipmen will love it.  If you have any ideas about good topics or great speakers in the area, please let me know.  Thanks! 


P.S.  To all the Texans, autumn in Maryland equals winter in Texas.   Brrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment