Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fight or Flight

What would you do if a guy came into a room with a gun? Most men would say they would fight to defend everyone else. No offense to woman, but I think they would say they would be out of there in a hurry.

Ladies, did you know most guys think about this every once in a while? I remember being in class at Texas State and plan what I would do if a guy came in with a gun.  I would hum the mission impossible song and decide which aisle of chairs I would sneak behind until I could tackle the imaginary gunner.  If I happened to get shot in my rescue attempt then so be it.  I would somehow save the day.  Luckily I could easily reimagine another scenario where I did not get shot and still feel good about myself. 

Trust me when I say that I am not the only guy that has done this.  Men want to be the hero and risk their lives for others.  We want adventure.  This desire shows that we are meant to protect and provide for others.  It is a part of who we are as men. Ladies, please let us be men.  Men, don't forget who you are. 


I didn’t really hum in class, but you know that was the safest classroom on campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment